I feel like it’s been so long since I’ve last posted! I’m swamped with school projects right now and wedding plans….. I guess that’s what happens when you slack off for a few weeks 🙂
One thing I’ve been studying in school is photosynthesis. Aren’t you so glad that we don’t make our own food by photosynthesis?? We are so lucky!! Food is so unbelievably good! Think about it. If we were phototrophs we wouldn’t be able to eat cookies, and that would be sad 😦
To celebrate the fact that we can actually taste, smell, and chew, I made cookies!!! Chocolate chip cookies!! These may be vegan but they taste like your traditional chocolate chip cookie. If you like your cookies slightly crisp on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside, these are for you. I’m convinced it’s the cornstarch that makes them so chewy. Also, I love using brown rice syrup in recipes but if you don’t have any then you could just replace it with more maple syrup and it should be all good 🙂
Here they are:
My New Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies: Makes approx 15 cookies
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup sugar
¾ tsp salt
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup brown rice syrup
2 tsp vanilla
½ cup canola oil
chocolate chips or chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
3. Combine all wet ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. The dough may be a bit crumbly but don’t worry, they get gooey in the oven!
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until it’s almost all mixed. Add chocolate chips ( as much as you like, I used about 1 cup) and stir till combined.
5. Roll dough into golf ball size and place on cookie sheet. Flatten the balls. These cookies only spread a little bit so you can place them fairly close together.
6. Bake for 10-11 minutes and when they’re done remove from the pan right away and let them cool on a cooling rack.
Alright, I’m off to meet with the florist to choose bouquets for the wedding!! Have a happy wednesday!!